IBM laptop

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 15 19:39:51 UTC 2006

Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

>> http://www.lenovo.com/think/linux
>

>     However, at the bottom of that page:
>
>        Disclaimer
>
>        We are providing the following information to assist our
>        customers who are interested in using the Linux operating
>        system. It is hoped that these materialswill be helpful to
>        you. However, please understand that we are not in a position
>        to assure the quality, function, performance or compatibility
>        with this operating system. We also are not obligated to
>        provide any maintenance or updates for the items.

I'm not saying that support couldn't be vastly improved, just indicating
that the assertion "there's no recognition of Linux at Lenovo" is
untrue. They don't (yet) offer full support but they are providing
assistance to customers who want to use Linux. That's a good first step
and far better than the situation before the Lenovo purchase.

- Evan