LInux support for the New intel Apple laptop?

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 14 02:51:35 UTC 2006

On 1/13/06, Joseph Kubik <josephkubik-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> P.S. this may be a good alternative to IBM from now on.

Here's hoping, but I'd personally be annoyed by not having the extra
mouse button (do the laptops come with two yet?), and the keyboard
layout would get to me.  Those aside, I think the overall design and
attention to detail could be well worth it, especially in a laptop.

I mean.. a nicely backlit keyboard.. that alone.

I did some poking around, and it looks like even the more dedicated
sites don't have any info on these as yet.
http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/apple.html
http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=423#post423
(not that it's a particularly popular site in the first place..)

In theory, the comments in a couple of the Slashdot threads on the
topic might come up with something
http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/12/22/2256231
http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/01/06/0730251

I'm not sure any of the Mac/PPC sites are agile enough to tune into
the new hardware quiet yet.. or at least any newer info hasn't quite
made it into google yet.  I'm not in tune with the older
mac/PPC+Linux-centric sites as yet, but those might be a good place to
go.  Wish I could post some links, but I'd be stabbing in the dark.