cdrwrite error caused by data ?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 13 22:13:47 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 09:40:49PM +0200, Peter wrote:
> I have a cdrwrite problem. I am trying to burn a iso image of PCBSD-1.0
> using cdrwrite on linux. The cdrwrite gives an IO error after 22MB ?! I
> tried to run it with -dummy and it gives the same error. I verified the
> file (538MB) and it is ok. I am stumped ?! - any ideas are welcome.

Whatever is cdrwrite?  I have used cdrecord for CD, growisofs for DVD,
and cdrdao for CD and they all do a fine job.

Of course you want to avoid the ide-scsi interface on 2.6 kernels.
ide-cd works great.

Of course make sure the media you use isn't crap, and that the drive
isn't crap, and maybe try slowing down the speed in case the drive and
media don't get along perfectly, but just OK.

Len Sorensen