X won't open

caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 12 01:52:42 UTC 2006

I can't bring up X on my FC2 production machine.

I'm getting,

GDM could not write a new authorization entry to disk. Possibly out of disk
space. Error: No space left on device.

I hit 'OK'. Then I got,

I could not start the X server (your graphical environment) due to some
internal error.Please contact your system administrator or check your syslog
to diagnose. In the menatime this display will be disabled. Please restart
gdm when the problem is corrected.

I logged into (command line) as root and ran df. The only directory 100%
full is /initrd. That doesn't sound like a directory that I can just move
files out of. Besides it doesn't appear as a directory when I run ls -a.

Any ideas for a next step?

Chris