Pardon me if I am a bit un-informed or something

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 11 17:38:50 UTC 2006

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> randconfig is great for testing builds.  Make a random config, see if it

Absolutely.  As someone who _has_ come across broken kernel config combos
in the past I see great value in this option.  At one point broken config
combos were getting quite common.

> even builds.  Catches syntax errors and other build problems in less
> used areas of the kernel, and catches some config dependancy issues that
> cause build failures.
>
> The all* options are probably also mostly for testing.

allmodconfig is useful in real life for people who want a modular kernel
without the need to go through all of the options.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.		Phone:	+1-416-669-3073
Senior Technical Consultant	Email:	support-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org