LIRC - Linux Infrared Remote Control.

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 8 15:56:57 UTC 2006

On 1/8/06, Stewart C. Russell <scruss-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> The ATI Remote Wonder (which identifies itself as an X10 RF USB remote)
> works out the box, and can be had from College St stores for ~$30. It
> works with LIRC, and is recognised as a USB keyboard/mouse.

Nice tip.  I poked around for some info, for the Google-impaired lurkers:

Site:
http://www.ati.com/products/remotewonder/
Linux Drivers:
Instructions:
http://remotew.free.fr/linux_en.htm

> Sy and I could be missing Colin's point, tho'; maybe he *wants* to do
> the homebrew thing ...

This is true.  I think we did the equivalent of answering a tech
problem with "just use Slackware".  Whoops.  =)

Colin, I'm using a Model MK19A X-10.. if you want to borrow it before
deciding to pick one up that's cool with me.  It's a serial dongle, as
opposed to ATI's usb dongle.