DVDs are simple? Re:var is mysteriously clogged

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 8 15:48:55 UTC 2006

> Sorry for the tangent, but remotes are indeed mindbogglingly complex.
> I can't even remember what the first half of the remote does by the
> time I get to the second half.

As an aside, I have a little X-10 radio remote control that I got
working under Linux.. when I did use it, I only ever used pause/play,
next, prev.  I didn't even get around to thinking up scripts to attach
to the various other buttons.. that was enough to get it working.

Sure I could have various buttons load other playlists (this was my
intention) or swap from xmms to xine mode or whatnot.

Walkmans didn't have a confusing interface.. record players were
simple enough.. VCR and DVD players are probably going to come out
with dance mats.