Rogers connection problems

Byron Sonne blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 6 03:27:45 UTC 2006

> Since Boxing Day, I've been having connection problems with Rogers' high
> speed internet -- I keep losing the connection. Sometimes it
> re-establishes itself only to almost immediately fail within a few
> minutes or in what seems to be a random pattern, it will stay connected
> for hours at a time. I can also temporarily re-establish a connection by
> removing the cable connection from the modem, waiting a minute or two,
> and then re-attaching the cable -- this usually gives me enough time to
> download email or send any that I have prepared in advance (like this
> one :P). Am I right in thinking that the modem, a Motorola Surfboard
> SB5100 is likely kaput and needs to be replaced? Is there another
> possible cause that I should have the Rogers tech (coming on Sat.)
> investigate? Are there any other Rogers customers in the
> Bayview/Eglinton area on the list that have been having similar
> problems?

Sorry for the huge top quote, too lazy to edit ;)

I'm on rogers at Bathurst & Eglinton, near the big synagogues.
72.136.154.x, if that helps. Things seem fine. I stream music pretty
much constantly and have had no interruptions.

Others: terayon modem (dark blue, stands on it's edge, 4 leds, etc.).
Say what you want about the life of a guy who happens to monitor his
house power from his computer, but that's fine too.