Rogers connection problems

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 6 00:12:17 UTC 2006

Since Boxing Day, I've been having connection problems with Rogers' high
speed internet -- I keep losing the connection. Sometimes it
re-establishes itself only to almost immediately fail within a few
minutes or in what seems to be a random pattern, it will stay connected
for hours at a time. I can also temporarily re-establish a connection by
removing the cable connection from the modem, waiting a minute or two,
and then re-attaching the cable -- this usually gives me enough time to
download email or send any that I have prepared in advance (like this
one :P). Am I right in thinking that the modem, a Motorola Surfboard
SB5100 is likely kaput and needs to be replaced? Is there another
possible cause that I should have the Rogers tech (coming on Sat.)
investigate? Are there any other Rogers customers in the
Bayview/Eglinton area on the list that have been having similar
problems?

TIA

John