OT: non-commercial open source license?

Tony Abou-Assaleh taa-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 5 03:37:25 UTC 2006

At least in Canada, the way things are *supposed* to be is: a business
uses a symbol/name to identify a product. That 'mark' because, due to
usage over time, associated with the product/business. Only after this
association has been established by usage that one 'should' use a TM and
is allowed (in theory) to register it.

In reality, things are more like what Z.K. described below.

TAA

Tony Abou-Assaleh
Lecturer, Computer Science Department
Brock University, St. Catharines, ON, Canada, L2S 3A1
Office: MC J215
Tel:    +1(905)688-5550 ext. 5243
Fax:    +1(905)688-3255
Email:  taa-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org