OT: non-commercial open source license?

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 4 22:29:43 UTC 2006

--- Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>
wrote:

> Are you sure?  I thought Linus did his school stuff
> in Finland, and Andy
> Tanenbaum is I believe from the Netherlands.  Minix
> was available for
> educational use with a book that was quite well
> known at the time.

Small side note Andrew Tanenbaum is an American
citizen living in the Netherlands. During the 2004
U.S. Presidential race Prof. Tanenbaum ran a website
that attempted to track where the U.S. Electoral vote
would end up (with editorial comments on the website
that were negative towards George Bush and positive
towards John Kerry). You can read the tracking website
here:

  http://www.electoral-vote.com/

And Prof. Tanenbaum's autobiography is here:

http://www.electoral-vote.com/2004/info/votemaster-faq.html

Colin McGregor