OT: non-commercial open source license?

Joseph Kubik josephkubik-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 4 16:04:44 UTC 2006

Here's the major "open" licenses compared:

http://www.croftsoft.com/library/tutorials/opensource/

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/licensing/licenses_summary.html

Most all of the "personal use" or "academic use" licenses really don't
fall into "open source".
There is no reason that a give person cannot give you his code as is,
without making it public. Copywrite law covers the actual code pretty
well.
-Joseph-