ADSL issues was ot-no free lunch and UI issues

paul sutton zen14920-1HOZaDBbGgxaa/9Udqfwiw at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 3 18:57:02 UTC 2006

I think the ADSL connection problem is something to do with the tool
that helps me set it up,  when I run the tool from the kde menu it
promts for the root password,  then jumps to a console window, where it
tries to run something, can't and closes the window (very quickly),  I
think whatever tool it tries and runs, is one that needs special
permission to be started from a konsole window to run in X,

Is there a ADSL tool i can run from a normal commadn line that does the
same thing,  I'ts under internet / connection on the KDE menu,  there
must be a console set up tool somewhere.

I am using Kanotix 2005-4 - lite,  having done an apt-get dist upgrade
etc  earlier, (I was using a RC before),  so I am now running the full
lite version,  or is there a way to run dhclient automaticaly upon
startup so it finds the hub / router / internet connection. I was hoping
doing this would fix it,

thanks

Paul