spellcheck in openoffice not working

interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 28 18:18:07 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 12:33, Daniel Armstrong wrote:
> When I use Spellcheck in OpenOffice, it returns a message stating
> there are no errors in the text, even after I deliberately misspell
> words to check its functionality.

I've had this when I first tried to use EN_CA dictionary, rather than EN_US.

Look in Tools >> Options >> Language Settings >> Languages

Under default "languages for documents" you should have English (Canada)
selected in the "Western" row.  Does the selector have a little "ABC
{checkmark}" icon on the left side?  If it does, the dictionary is installed
and I don't know what problem you are having.

If that icon is missing, you need to install the Canadian English dictionary.
It is shipped separately.  Even though the language is listed.  I know.
Nice.

Get your dictionary here.  The automated dictionary wizard appears to be
broken.
http://lingucomponent.openoffice.org/dictpack.html