Powerpoint Bloat

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 28 14:12:22 UTC 2006

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 23:36:59 -0500 (EST)
phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:

> >> There's a brief
> >> description of the file format, in the OO user guide.
> >
> > You can also download a 500 pages document detailling the format.
> > Linux Journal dedicated an article on it last year.
> >
> > Inside the zip file you have a couple of xml documents. content.xml
> > contains,
> > you've guessed it, the content of your document.
> > It is worth to take a look.
> >

> Interesting. That explains why the file didn't shrink when I use gzip on it.

   Has anyone tried importing bitmap graphics into Microsoft Word or Powerpoint lately?

   When I did this in the past, the graphics were converted to BMP format.  Microsoft does not like JPEG or GIF, and I bet they hate PNG.  This would affect your file size.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howardg-PadmjKOQAFn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org