Another Residential Connection

marius anarcap-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 23 16:33:12 UTC 2006

On 2/23/06, Neil Watson <tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 11:57:58PM -0500, Adam Tworkowski wrote:
> >I have been with 3Web since November specifically because:
> >
> >a) DSL absolutely sucks in my area (almost not supported -- i.e.
> >maintenance mode) -- was with a Bell-reseller called EI Cat who were
> >*great* as a company - static IP for same price as Sympatico, great
> >customer service -- I just couldn't break the *1Mbps* barrier because of
> >crappy Bell lines (just north-west of Annex).
> >
> >b) I couldn't bare having another service with Rogers as I hate dealing
> >with them as company for cell, TV, etc. [shudder].
>
> What about Look?  Is their wireless ISP service available again?

According to the postal code look-up on their site, the wireless ISP
service and the TV service are not available in downtown Toronto (!?).
But I think that their tools are borked, since the DSL-availability
phone number look-up says that I can't get it, but my neighbour can.

//mts

--
"Playing safe is only playing."
         Fortune Cookie from Simon's Wok