new motherboard, new problems?

PW Armstrong pwa.linux-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 21 18:13:21 UTC 2006

installed a new motherboard a while back  (OK, OK, it's not new, but's
it's new to my old computer)
had some problems with monitor/graphics card settings, which I fixed
with help from lenn (actually, there wasn't a problem, I just decided to
ignore/not check the monitor settings, and assume it was a graphics card
issue, which it is was not)

but ever since the new motherboard went in, have been having a handful
of other annoying glitches.
In order of annoyance/inconvenience:
-mouse randomly goes whacky, i.e., wanders randomly over the screen
whenever I move the mouse, rather than tracking the physical mouse
movement (actually, the vertical movement tracks correctly, the
horizontal movement goes random)
-mozilla/mozilla mail (vn 1.4.1) randomly freezes on me (never did with
the original mb) (I think the first is related to a mozilla problem,
since it always occurs when I'm accessing an e-mail or e-mail folder
from mozilla)
-when I power down, computer does not automatically shut off as it used
to, even though the 'power down' command is executed
The first 2 are fixed by rebooting.

Oh yeah:
-running RH 8
-motherboard:  ASRock M810LMR

Any ideas/suggestions for correcting these problems?  Thx.

-peter