how to uncompress .rar file

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 17 22:11:11 UTC 2006

On Friday 17 February 2006 16:59, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Feb 2006, hui xu wrote:
> > Anybody has experience on uncompress .rar files on linux. I have
> > downloaded something which contains lots of .rar files in one
> > directory? should I have to uncompress them one by one. is there any
> > command to unrar all of them with one command?
>
>     Any command can be performed on many files with a simple loop:
>
> for file in *.rar    ## $file is assigned to each .rar file in turn
> do
>     unrar e "$file"   ## adjust this command as necessary
> done

#unrar x file.rar

will extract all parts of the rar if it is a multi-part file, the extension
can also be in form of .r00, .r01, .r02, etc. or .001, .002, .003, etc.

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca