smartphone?

Dieter Limeback dieter-bh4LRnif2k33fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 17 12:30:07 UTC 2006

> > Anyone out there use a smartphone? I am looking for a blackberry or
> > treo or something -- something that combines palm-like functions with
> > a cell phone.

> The PalmOS-based Treo phones would be better choices...

Yes, I have a Treo 600 and it works fine with my Debian install -- it
syncs to jPilot, and the pilot-link package provides a bunch of command
line tools.

Also worth noting is that it has an SD card slot, so with a card reader
I can mount SD cards as regular vfat volumes. This allows me, for
example, to keep working with regular text files instead of the hassle
of dealing with Palm's .pdb format.

--
Dieter Limeback <dieter-bh4LRnif2k33fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org>
PGP Key ID: 0xCF2CA6A7