Metal Tux case badges... or looking for a pantograph

interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 15 20:02:57 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 14:11, Colin McGregor wrote:
> Ok, the whole doing metal Tux case badges for the
> Linux World show is a pet obsession for me...

I've read this post and your prior thread seeking CNC services with interest.
There are many ways to approach this.  Can you narrow the solution set for me
a bit?  How many badges would you like to make?
How little would you like to spend?
How much would you be willing to spend?
How much of your own manufacturing time are you willing to spend on each
badge?

I use CNC services in the $60 - $100/hr range.  You might get programming and
machining for a simple Tux outline in as little as two hours.  Might.  This
depends on how clear your directions are to the CNC folks.  A sculpted,
rounded, 3D die will be more.  Material cost should be low since the volume
required is low.