Audio devices

phil phillip-l+pbsqP8NtUm29vl6s1fFg at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 14 22:07:34 UTC 2006

On Feb 14, 2006, at 9:15 AM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> What does /proc/asound/cards list?

I don't know.  Since audio wasn't the primary reason for this machine,
I've reverted hardware to a Mac for my MIDI/recording hobby.  I figured
if it was a simple switch-over, it would be nice to have the extra
capacity, but this problem, plus Rosegarden having both gcc 4 and
Sourceforge CVS problems, has convinced me to leave it for now.  Thank
you very much for your comments and suggestions.  I appreciate it, but
I need to be spending my time in the dreary world of database design
instead.  :-)

FYI:

> Does lsmod show snd-usbx2y loaded (or whatever the driver name was)?

Yes.

> What kind of USB controller do you have?

On-board from the ASUS A8N-E, which doesn't give any detail beyond
"Max. 10 USB2.0 ports".

Phillip Mills
Multi-platform software development
(416) 224-0714