syslog-ng and cyrus daemon messages filtering

Leah Cunningham leah-L9i2b+zLJ9LIrURfT66hzQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 14 02:33:17 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

I am trying to figure out how I can find out what facility cyrus is
sending messages for imaps, pop3, etc.  I am finding that the only thing
that works for me to get a bunch of crap out of my normal messages file
is to have rules like:

filter f_imap           { facility(local6.debug) or program("imap.*") or
program("lmtpunix.*") or program ("pop.*") or program("sieve.*") and not
match("opened\ INBOX");};
filter f_mail           { facility(mail) or filter(f_imap) and not
level(info) and not match("opened\ INBOX"); };
filter f_messages       { not facility(news, mail, local6.debug) and not
filter(f_iptables) and not filter (f_imap) and not match("opened\
INBOX"); };

If I don't filter specifically on the service names, I get all these
imaps, pop3, lmtpunix, etc messages dumped to syslog.  Which I really
don't want.  Also, I'm getting messages on every imap folder open, which
is pretty useless, hence the match("opened\ INBOX") statements.

Everything I have seen online seems to indicate that cyrus should only
send messages on local6 or local6.debug, but it doesn't seem to be the
case.

Any ideas?

Leah