Cheap/free CNC Machine Access...

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 9 21:28:21 UTC 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 12:04:40PM -0500, Colin McGregor wrote:
> Well, I don't claim to be very artistic, but figuring
> my way through creating a CAD file that has a Tux
> image from say:
>
> http://www.isc.tamu.edu/~lewing/linux/
>
> reduced down to say 21 mm ... that I think I can do...
> basically tell the machine if it is black mill it out
> to a depth of x mm...

Just remember that these things are vector based in general, not bitmap
based.  So you have to make outlines of things usually.  Perhaps some
can deal with bitmaps, but everything I have ever seen worked with
vectors in CAD.

The scalable vector postscript would probably be a nice place to start.

Len Sorensen