what to delete in /usr

Chris Aitken caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 8 01:15:59 UTC 2006

David Thornton wrote:

> I'm surprised at how snappy some of the replies were.
>
> Shouldn't this place be a little bit more friendly?

Friendly or not I'll keep seeking advice here. The vast majority on this
list are very helpful. However, there's always going to be someone who's
going to lecture people. They are knowledgeable about linux and feel
others are slackers (not willing to learn the hard way). These people
don't care that this stuff comes really hard to you, they don't notice
that you actually /did/ take some of the advice people offered, they
don't acknowledge that it is a triumph (for you) when you figure out
something as modest as entering an IP address in your third mail account
in Thunderbird when you've used up the only two DNS names for your ISP's
mail servers, they don't know you travel 1,000 km to get to and from
work five days a week, or that you spend another four hours a night
serving clients in your home business, they don't realize that if you
/can/ find a spare half hour a day you'd rather spend it reading a story
to your daughter than reading man pages to impress strangers on tlug
that are impossible to impress, and they don't know that your best
friend died yesterday afternoon at 4:30. All they know is that they are
clever and you are an idiot. I'll keep seeking advice here because I get
good advice, I take the advice and learn from it. I run a successful
home business on a small linux network and will not switch to Windows so
that some cranky guy can be rid of me. Thank you tlug for all the help.
I sincerely hope to be good enough at things linux someday to help
others. I really get a kick out of being able to say I run a business on
linux.

Chris