what to delete in /usr

Chris Aitken caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 7 17:10:00 UTC 2006

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

>On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 10:06:05AM -0500, Chris Aitken wrote:
>

>>I assume it's on the CD somewhere...
>>

>Sure, and in the directory it was installed to.
>

>>Oops. I tried rpm -e vmware and rpm -e VMware and it didn't take so I
>>did it manually.
>>

>I didn't think vmware came as rpm.  Maybe it does.  I have only ever
>used the tar file to install it.
>

>>OK, I'll browse the VMware CD for an uninstall script and directions.
>>

>vmware-uninstall.pl should be in the same directory as the binary for
>vmware, which you probable have now deleted.  However as long as
>/etc/vmware still exists any copy of the uninstall script should know
>what to clean up.

I used ls -a to look for it in /etc/vmware (and it's sub-directories) --
not there. Doesn't look like it's anywhere on the system:

[root at p733 chris]# find / -name vmware-uninstall.pl
[root at p733 chris]#

Will the one on the original CD (I have a store-bought copy) work or
must the script contain installation-specific information?

Chris

<snip>