what to delete in /usr

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 7 15:08:38 UTC 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 10:06:05AM -0500, Chris Aitken wrote:
> I assume it's on the CD somewhere...

Sure, and in the directory it was installed to.

> Oops. I tried rpm -e vmware and rpm -e VMware and it didn't take so I
> did it manually.

I didn't think vmware came as rpm.  Maybe it does.  I have only ever
used the tar file to install it.

> OK, I'll browse the VMware CD for an uninstall script and directions.

vmware-uninstall.pl should be in the same directory as the binary for
vmware, which you probable have now deleted.  However as long as
/etc/vmware still exists any copy of the uninstall script should know
what to clean up.

Len Sorensen