yahoo, aol, hotmail

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 6 02:23:32 UTC 2006

Madison Kelly wrote:
> Wasn't there a hoax along these lines a while ago? It looks like
> they've made a provision this time by still letting email through the
> filters but meh, whatever. It's AOL/Yahoo, who uses those services and
> actually know enough to care either way?
>
> Madison

I myself don't remember, but I've read about something MCI wanted to
try, namely, charging users a small fee per hop off of their core
network i.e. some computer in China vs. their portal would accrue
overage fees based on the number of hops. This last summer, there was a
bit of a ruckus caused by an exec at Bellsouth who wanted to allow
content providers priority on their network, based of course on who
would be willing to pay the most -- a two tiered internet was the big
fear. Not sure what the hoax is/was/would have been?

Jamon