Linux World Canada Show, April 24-26, 2006

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 3 22:39:05 UTC 2006

--- Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Colin McGregor wrote:
>
> >Ok, so the one item that seemed to strike a nerve
> on
> >this list was giving away CDs at the Linux World
> >Canada Show.
> >
> It wasn't so much striking a nerve, as people trying
> to figure out how
> to give booth visitors a "takeaway" without
> incurring big expenses such
> as buying an electrical outlet for the duration.
>
> >- How many CDs should I be asking for, of what
> type,
> >from each firm? Keeping in mind that they may not
> send
> >all the CDs I ask for, and that it is a game (for
> me
> >at least and some (many?) others) to collect as
> much
> >stuff ("swag") as possible at a show (so we want
> more
> >that what seems reasonable :-) ).
> >

> Personally, I think that 3,000 total will be more
> than enough.

If we say had 3,000 copies of Ubuntu (or any other
single distro.) I would say your right. What I would
be afraid of is if we say have 300 copies of 10
distros. Then what I would expect is something like
people saying "I want one copy of every distro." and
we would very soon run out...

> I'll see if I can find some contacts.

If you could forward those on to me I would
appreciate.

Colin McGregor