Linux World Canada Show, April 24-26, 2006

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 3 21:38:42 UTC 2006

Ok, so the one item that seemed to strike a nerve on
this list was giving away CDs at the Linux World
Canada Show. With that in mind I will draft a
"request" e-mail to send to various commercial
distributions this weekend, with the following
questions to be answered next:

- How many CDs should I be asking for, of what type,
from each firm? Keeping in mind that they may not send
all the CDs I ask for, and that it is a game (for me
at least and some (many?) others) to collect as much
stuff ("swag") as possible at a show (so we want more
that what seems reasonable :-) ).

- Which firms should I be approaching, and can anyone
offer contact names/addresses? My first take on firms
would be:

- Canonical Ltd. - Ubuntu Badger (or higher)
- RedHat - Fedora Core 4 (or higher)
- Novell - SuSE 10 (or higher)
- Xandros - Xandros
- Mandriva - Discovery/Lx
- Terra Soft Solutions - Yellow Dog 4.1 (or higher)

Now, the above list does not include two of my
favourite distros, Debian and Knoppix, for
non-commercial distributions like that we will have to
rely on fans of the distribution in question to burn
off several copies for the show.

What commercially backed distributions. have I missed
in the above?

Colin McGregor