Do you prefer mailing lists or web based forums?

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 3 20:53:19 UTC 2006

On 2/3/06, Alex Beamish <talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Having a mail-based system also means no flashing Microsoft ads, no
> Goooooogle ads, no ISP ads, no incessant clicking to see the 'next' message;
> the entire thread (under GMail, anyway) is on one page. That interface may
> not be popular with everyone else, but it works fine for me.

I moved to gmail specifically to manage list traffic.  I'm dying for a
threaded display, but I'll live with the thread-per-page until the
feature shows up in the web-based client (or I move to Zimbra... which
will be delayed until they resolve a really nasty bug - Firefox users
can't open any mail!)

--
Scott Elcomb
psema4.gotdns.com