[tpm] Job interview question

G. Matthew Rice matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 1 19:35:29 UTC 2006

billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org writes:
> Thus: there is a 60% chance you start a relationship, and a 65% chance that
> two people die.
>
> Would you choose the strategy, knowing the outcome?

You forgot some obvious ones, though.  Such as a 10% chance that your friend
ends up scoring with the old lady, while you end up with a highly attractive
cross-dresser (they drop tokens one at a time just like everyone else).

Or a 3% chance that kermit the frog jumps out of the bushes, mistakes the
lady you are with for Miss Piggy and blows _you_ away and steals your wallet.

Given all of these possibilities, I change my answer to 'stage a drive-by and
take them all out'.
--
g. matthew rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>           starnix, toronto, ontario, ca
phone: 647.722.5301 x242                                  gpg id: EF9AAD20