[tpm] Job interview question

billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 1 18:36:38 UTC 2006

Consider the following outcome to the situation:

The solution given was: give the keys to your friend, tell him to take the old woman to the hosiptal, and stay with the love of your life waiting for the bus.

Now the solution has the following outcome:
40% chance
Your friend who is in a psychotic state, decides instead to opt for a murder suicide, and drives your car off a cliff. The love of your life, a deeply religious person decides, you're actions that night was really part of a satanic ritual and wants nothing to do with you.

35% chance
Your friend takes the old lady to the hospital, and you start the relationship you want.

25% chance
Your friend gets into an accident, because he doesn't have a drivers license, kills himself and the old woman, but you start the relationship with the love of your life.

Thus:
there is a 60% chance you start a relationship, and a 65% chance that two people die.

Would you choose the strategy, knowing the outcome?

Bill