Microsoft and Unix/Linux (Myths and IP)

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 30 22:04:54 UTC 2006

Charles philip Chan wrote:
> On 30 Dec 2006, cpchan-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org wrote:
>

>> I still have the Lotus 123 floppy along with WordStar 1.0, DBase, etc,
>> for my Osbourne IIB, so I know it predates DOS.
>>

> Oops, just checked my old floppies. It was SuperCalc and not Lotus 123
> that came with the machine.

Many years ago, I attended a one afternoon class at Ryerson on
spreadsheets.  One half of the class ran Visicalc on Apple II and my
half, Supercalc on Zenith Z-89 computers.  The Z-89 ran CP/M.  A friend
of mine still has a working H89, the Heathkit version of the Z-89.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zenith_Z89