Microsoft and Unix/Linux (Myths and IP)

Charles philip Chan cpchan-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 30 22:29:18 UTC 2006

On 30 Dec 2006, james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org wrote:

> Many years ago, I attended a one afternoon class at Ryerson on
> spreadsheets.  One half of the class ran Visicalc on Apple II and my
> half, Supercalc on Zenith Z-89 computers.  The Z-89 ran CP/M.

I was reading about the history of SuperCalc on Wikipedia:

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuperCalc

This bit is funny in connection to this thread:

,----
`----

> A friend of mine still has a working H89, the Heathkit version of the
> Z-89.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zenith_Z89

Wow, haven't hear that name mentioned in a long time. I still have my
Osborne IIB in working condition. It is similiar to this:

        http://www.vintage-computer.com/osborne_1a.shtml

Charles

--
..you could spend *all day* customizing the title bar.  Believe me.  I
speak from experience."