Vista, etc.

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 21 16:50:25 UTC 2006

Aaron Vegh wrote:
> For those who didn't know about Beryl, this YouTube video tells all:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0ZtcxHUSDQ
>
> I think we'll all be in trouble when we confuse nifty eye candy for a
> truly usable system. It looks better for about 15 minutes, then you
> get annoyed.

Interesting. Its the first YouTube video I've been able to watch. Only one
minor hesitation near the start then the res ot if it played smoothly.

That Beryl desktop looked fine for a moment when it first booted. The toolbar
across the bottom reminded me of what I've been on the Mac's at a local store.
Once the person started interating with it, it all started to look rather
sick. I don't mean sick as in good but as in nauseating.

The web page says "Above all else, the project seeks to listen to and respond
to the requests of the user base." so I want to know who is the user base?
Mostly kids who are spend most of their time playing games?

I'd like to know how one gets the Beryl desktop so I can be sure to stay far
away from it. I can think of better ways to make use of CPU/GPU processing
abilities.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/ |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus: