Hooked On Composite, Need New GPU

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 20 20:48:55 UTC 2006

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:19:38 -0500
ted leslie got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> wasn't much choice for me,
> i needed  dual dual-link dvi ability an that starts at 7900 series,
> i only an using two 22" inches now but i didnt want to limit myself in
> the future from
> potentially using two 30" monitors, hence the 7900 had to be the choice.
> compiz spins sreens as fast as i can move the mouse, and thats over a
> 3200x1200 desktop (dual headed)

Whoa. I shouldn't be to worried about performance, then.

> i was hoping to get two samsung 30" 2560x1600 puppies that were supposed
> to be out a month ago, but no sign yet, and for that i need the 7900
> card with dual dual link, and have them rotated to be in portrait mode and
> have a 3200x2560 desk top.

Cripes, what kind of work are you doing on this setup? I'm pretty happy with
my (now seemingly kinda dinky) 19" FP and 1280x1024. Even then I don't
think I run enough apps to take up the other 5 desktops ;-)

> since monitor set ups that use dual dual-link dvi might not be to
> uncommon with prices for monitors constantly dropping, you might want to
> consider the 7900 (or above) to not lock yourself in.

I'm not sure dual displays are in my near future, but yeah, I don't wanna have
to buy another new card in six months, eh?

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046