Hooked On Composite, Need New GPU

ted leslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 20 20:19:38 UTC 2006

wasn't much choice for me,
i needed  dual dual-link dvi ability an that starts at 7900 series,
i only an using two 22" inches now but i didnt want to limit myself in
the future from
potentially using two 30" monitors, hence the 7900 had to be the choice.
compiz spins sreens as fast as i can move the mouse, and thats over a
3200x1200 desktop (dual headed)

i was hoping to get two samsung 30" 2560x1600 puppies that were supposed
to be out a month ago, but no sign yet, and for that i need the 7900
card
with dual dual link, and have them rotated to be in portrait mode and
have a 3200x2560 desk top.

since monitor set ups that use dual dual-link dvi might not be to
uncommon with prices for monitors constantly dropping, you might want to
consider the 7900 (or above) to not lock yourself in.

-tl