Employment linux admin/programmer wanted

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 13 16:48:38 UTC 2006

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, ted leslie wrote:

> If you knew/hated MS as much in 89-95 as you do now, what OS would you
> have used back then on your desk top? Well actually from 81-93 i used
> apple prodcuts but most people did the dos windows shit.

My preferred desktop OSes have been:

-1988		The boxes didn't have a true OS

1988-1992	Microware OS-9

Note: This is not an operating system produced by Apple

OS-9 is very Unix in feel but not actually a Unix.

1992-1994	MS-Dos/MS-Win 3.1

I felt like I'd gone back in time 20 years.  How primitive it was in
comparison to OS-9.  I stuck with it for a while before concluding it was
useless for real work.

1994-		Linux.

Slackware, Red Hat, Debian and Ubuntu have been my preferred desktop
distros in that order.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.        Phone:          +1-905-821-2327
Senior Technical Consultant  Urgent Support: +1-416-669-3073