Employment linux admin/programmer wanted

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 14 00:46:41 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 11:48, Robert Brockway wrote:

> My preferred desktop OSes have been:
>
> -1988		The boxes didn't have a true OS
>
> 1988-1992	Microware OS-9
>
> Note: This is not an operating system produced by Apple
>
> OS-9 is very Unix in feel but not actually a Unix.

I too used OS-9 for many years, altho just the 8 bit version on the Rat Shack
Color Computer.  The big thing about the OS which you didn't mention is that
it was often used for 'real-time' operations in manufacturing sites around
the country.  It is amazing what we did with 64K of memory. There is still a
very active group using the O.S and the C.C.

With that back ground, Linux was not too difficult to understand.

My in-between time was with OS/2 which didn't have the support of enough IBM
brass. Way ahead of Win 3.1 and even W-95 in many respects.

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can

Kanotix Linux  Ver 2005-4