DLL on linux

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 13 15:23:29 UTC 2006

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 01:30:55PM +0800, JM wrote:
> we a planning to connect our application (running on linux) to a provider  but
> their requirement is to encrypt the data using their API.. so they provided
> us with a DLL.. is there a way to run that DLL in linux?

I imagine with a lot of painful work you could write a wrapper for the
dll, but really it is probably going to be fragile and a pain to do.
mplayer does do this to use windows codec dlls of course, so there are
examples of people doing it.  wine of course can also use windows dlls
as part of running windows programs.

Or you could tell them to smarten up and use a documented API.  If they
can't release the specs of the protocol, then it is pretty safe to
assume it isn't secure.

--
Len Sorensen