Fedora Core 6

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 12 18:51:26 UTC 2006

On 12/6/06, billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org <billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> As promised my notes:
[...]

Thanks for your take.  I've been a supporter of RHL based systems for
a few years now, but haven't upgraded any FC systems since FC1.  :S

> Comments
>
> Overall it was a simple, but fustrating install.
>
> I dicided to avoid selinux altogether this time. Perhaps I will do this in the second install of Fedora 6.
>
> I'm not sure what is new and shiny in Fedora 6. It looks like all the applications have been updated to there newset releases.

I've read that SELinux is a pain in the rear-end, and that AppArmour
is much easier to configure.  Given the recent Novell "sell-out"
though, I think I'd rather put up with the pains of SELinux than the
convience of Novell(+M$).

$0.02 of course.

--
Scott Elcomb
http://atomos.sourceforge.net/

  - Benjamin Franklin

'"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting
on its shoes."

  - Mark Twain