amarok and ipods?

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 12 05:31:08 UTC 2006

Hi,

So I'm finally moving to an ipod for the family stereo system this xmas.
I will probably install rockbox but for now at least I will mostly keep
the thing running the ipod OS so as not to alienate the familial unit.

My plan is to hook it up to the stereo through an old laptop, an ibm
thinkpad 600e (pII 366mHz)which I am trying hard to get working right
now.  I'm hoping to have an interface that not only recognizes and
interacts with the ipod, but can also add mp3's and playlists to the
device itself.  THe idea is that all manipulations of the ipod take
place through a single interface, so kids & other family members don't
have to understand too much of of the details of operation.  Also the
capacities of the thinkpad are a little bit limited, so it would be nice
not to have too many operations gong on at once.

Anyway.  I am thinking amarok is the best choice, and wondered what
people's experience has been with it.  or if you think rhythmbox or
banshee is better for my circumstance, or something else entirely,
that'd be great too.

 thanks,

matt

--