OT: Should I be Looking for a New Web Host?

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 8 15:02:47 UTC 2006

Stephen,

My web provider is pair.com -- I've been with them for about five years or
so.

I host a couple of domains under one account and haven't had any significant
downtime, ever.

They use FreeBSD which is a little different than the Red Hat 9, Fedora Core
4 and Mandrake 10.1 versions that I use at home and at work, but once I'm in
a bash shell, no problems.

You can get an ftp-only account for under $10/month, and their web-based
control panel works fine for setting up domains, E-Mail aliases, gathering
statistics, all that stuff.

pair.com also hosts Perlmonks (http://www.perlmonks.org) at no cost, which
is great value to the community.

My two cents.