looking for shared web hosting

Michael Hong crepuscule-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 2 20:17:03 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm looking for shared web hosting for ~ $5 - $15 / month.  I don't have
any content really :) but I thought it's about time I got my own domain.
Also, I'd like to play around with the usual LAMP stuff...

Has anyone anything good or bad to say about any of the following
services?

http://www.hostgator.com/
http://www.inmotionhosting.com/
http://www.bluehost.com/
http://www.dreamhost.com/
http://www.spry.com/

http://www.vpslink.com/
- this one looks interesting...  a cheap linux vps

Is it best to buy a domain from a different place rather than getting
the domain plus hosting service from the same company?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Michael