moving to a larger hard drive...

Teddy David Mills teddymills-VFlxZYho3OA at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 2 12:41:52 UTC 2006

I would leave the 30GB in there for now.
When the drive fills up, copy all the data in /myth/tv out to wherever
you need.

The target could be the 320GB SATA installed locally on the mythtv box.
Possibly either on the SATA2 interface, or a Vantec external SATA/USB2 box.
I have only 100mbit network cards and 100mbit switch, and I move 100GB
of data every few weeks.
I enabled samba on mythtv, and just copy all the data out to anything on
the network that has the space.

I know there are a lot of linux tools out there that do drive imaging,
and do proportional copying.
That is copy the data to the new drive and make new partitions in
propotion to the original drive.

However, even if you make the 320GB your primary drive, you will fill
that up soon enough and
will have to find some space somewhere to put that data.  Make do, until
they release the HVD I guess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_Versatile_Disc