For $150, Third-World Laptop Stirs a Big Debate

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 1 16:17:55 UTC 2006

Ok, let's clear away the @#$% and assume the cheap
laptops are coming, millions of them, maybe 10s of
millions of them. Love them, hate them, or your
indifferent to them, let's assume they are coming. So,
let's ask the next question, how do we on this mailing
list make money off them?

Seriously, I already have a ball rolling on this
score, through what has become one of my favourite
venues. Millions of Linux laptops being built, that is
news, the sort of news magazine articles can be
written around :-) .

Now, I am attempting to think of other ways money
could be made off those laptops, creating texts (here
is where being multi-lingual (which I am not) would be
a big advantage), what else?

Colin McGregor