Printing - Kanotix [Debian]

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 26 00:35:30 UTC 2006

On Thursday 24 August 2006 16:49, Dieter Limeback wrote:

> I'm not sure about Debian and Kanotix, but I did need to make a small
> change on my Ubuntu system -- administration via the web interface is
> disabled by default because it would require the CUPS daemon to be able
> to read to /etc/shadow. I had to put the cupsys user into the shadow
> group (as root) with
>
> # adduser cupsys shadow

I had Kubuntu installed to look at, but hadn't configured a printer.  I did
that and sure enough, the test page printed ok but nothing is getting
printed.  It is slightly different,  the jobs just disappear, I don't see
them in the job list.   I tried your suggestion, and it made no difference.

Time to post on the Kanotix Forum,  after a big flurry of printing posts back
in July nothing lately so I'm the only one???  We'll see.

Thanks for the suggestion.

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can