Printing - Kanotix [Debian]

Dieter Limeback lists-6MMemSSbUSjVkXrxgXmPHQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 24 20:49:22 UTC 2006

> You may have
> to edit cups configuration files to allow your root user to login
> through the web interface -

I'm not sure about Debian and Kanotix, but I did need to make a small
change on my Ubuntu system -- administration via the web interface is
disabled by default because it would require the CUPS daemon to be able
to read to /etc/shadow. I had to put the cupsys user into the shadow
group (as root) with

# adduser cupsys shadow

More info in /usr/share/doc/cupsys/README.Debian.gz.

HTH

--
Dieter Limeback
Centripetal Media