New to the group and a question

moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 24 18:37:05 UTC 2006

Quoting Colin McGregor <colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>:
> --- "David R. Meyer" <david-n6TUjxoeaMtM656bX5wj8A at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> I am interested to find out if visitor, especially
>> us war-monger
>> Americans (that was a joke) are welcome at the
>> picnic on Sunday.  I
>> happened to find out about it on the Linux Caffe
>> site.
>
> Your ancestory isn't an issue, your timing is. 44% of
> the residents of Toronto were born outside Canada, the
> only city in the world to have a higher percentage of
> foreign born residents is Miami, FL (this noted by
> someone who while born in Canada was born outside
> Toronto).

My experience as an American in Canada:  If you don't tell them,
they usually can't tell.  That's in spite of my peculiar
Cal-Tex accent with a little Mississippi mixed in there
somewhere.

Canadians like to think they're very different from Americans,
but with the exception of politics, they mostly aren't.