CDs play in W98 but not FC2

Chris Aitken caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 16 01:26:42 UTC 2006

Charles philip Chan wrote:

>On 15 Aug 2006, caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org wrote:
>

>>However, in the GUI SBL! Alsamixer (command: gnome-volume-control)
>>there are two pairs (stereo) of sliders named "CD" - they are both way
>>up.
>>

>How are you trying to play the CD?

Just by popping the music CD in the drive, a music player (has no name
or menu that I can choose "About..." from) automatically comes up
appearing to play the CD but no sound comes out.

>Also, what are your concerns with using
>digital extraction to play the CD?

Is that the same as "ripping"? If it is it's fine - I'd just like to
play CDs directly on occaision. I have a workaround (playing CDs on my
stereo system) but I want a direct solution as there are times (often)
that it's more convenient to play from the computer (without ripping
first). I remember in Redhat 7.3 I could do this automatically (no
configuration) as soon as I installed the OS.

Chris